Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Filling
Delicious Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Filling! Great for Fall!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 cups AP Flour
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Splenda (use could white sugar if you like)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 - 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Following is for Filling
- 1 - 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 - 16 oz. package of powdered sugar
- about a capful of vanilla extract
- a pinch of cinnamon (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together brown sugar, Splenda, oil and pumpkin. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition, followed by the vanilla. In a separate bowl, shift together the dry ingredients. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Using a pastry bag with a round tip, or a big zip top plastic bag with one corner snipped, squeeze out concentric circles of batter, starting from the middle and working outward until the circles are about 2 inches in diameter. Bake for 11 minutes and cool on a rack.
- Filling-Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Frost flat side of half the pies and top with another piece.
- Enjoy right away or chill overnight.